Monday, December 20, 2004

Growing Old and Growing Up - Part 2

Aging doesn't necessarily mean growing old. The body ages, but it is the mind that grows old. At fifty seven years of age, my body is becoming high mileage. I do my best to look attractive, but time and gravity are now winning. My mother is eighty two and she is very youthful. It is her forward looking attitude that makes her so youthful. She is youthful and yet mature. She is my blueprint.

Being youthful in outlook is good. Being immature is not. Even in my middle ages, I still need to grow up. My immaturity reared its ugly head again recently when I reacted in a very petty way to a perceived slight. Instead of letting it pass and letting it go, I showed my immaturity and my butt. The lessons of growing up are the most difficult ones to learn. I still have a long way to go in growing up.

No comments: